Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chapter 5 Dicussions questions

2. How much television do you watch today? Which programs do you try to watch regularly? What attracts you to your favorite programs?



Nowadays, I don't have much time to watch television unless it is a weekend. I am so busy with my schoolwork and job during the week that there are some nights my tv is never even turned on. I probably watch anywhere from 8 to 12 hours of tv during the weekends and maybe 3 to 5 during the week. The prograns I try and watch regularly are programs like Family Guy, The Simpsons, and South Park. I dont get to watch these shows all the time, but I like them because they are just so funny and make me laugh constantly.



3. If you were a network television executive, what changes would you try to make in the programs that America watches?



If I was a network television executive, then I would push to have certain programs taken off the air. I would push for things like all the reality love shows to be taken off air because most of the people on these shows are just on it to be on tv and could care less about the other people they are competing for or against. Most people I know, don't even watch shows like these, therefore they are just taking up airtime. I would try and push America to try and watch more shows that are funnier and not so serious especially since times are so rough. I think it would help make Americans loosen up and not be so uptight.



1. Describe your earliest memories of watching television. What was your favorite show? Which, if any, shows did your family watch together? Were there shows that you were not allowed to watch? Which ones and why?


I don't remember how young I was when I first started watching televison, but I do remember some shows me and my brother liked to watch. I think the name of the show was called Alvin. It was about this little brown creature living with some family. I can't remember all the details but I still remember his character because he was funny and he is what made the show good. When I was little, me and my family never really watched any shows together that we all like. I remember that we had cinemax and HBO and I was not allowed to even watch these stations because of nudity.

No comments:

Post a Comment